The Communications Director will expand the reach and impact of CRPE’s work through strategic communications efforts. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and goal-oriented. The Communications Director must enjoy working in a fast-paced culture and be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable to changing workloads and priorities. This position will report to CRPE’s Director and oversee CRPE’s communications team.
- Maximize reach and impact of CPRE’s reports, briefs, and commentary by planning and executing creative dissemination strategies for CRPE products.
- Manage the communications team to ensure efficiency and collaboration.
- Lead media relations. Draft press releases and talking points about CRPE’s work. Develop strong relationships with national media, key local contacts, and the education press. Provide media coaching to CRPE researchers and senior leaders.
- Develop and leverage strategic partnerships to maximize opportunities for engagement, expand CRPE’s reach, and target specific audiences.
- Oversee CRPE’s publications calendar and manage internal review process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the communications and/or public relations field.
- A demonstrated track record of successful development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies in the public, private, and/or nonprofit sector.
- Proven ability to translate nuanced, balance research and ideas into accessible and engaging formats.
- Ability to work with a diverse constituency.
Conditions of employment:
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary on short or limited notice.